Hilton Head National RV Resort & Golf Club
Updated: Apr 17
Having recently just opened, we were excited to check out this newly launched destination. The developers did everything right at this brand new RV resort just outside of Hilton Head Island. Plus, of all the "RV Resorts" that we've visited, this fits the description the most with truly resort style amenities for an ultra comfortable camping vacation.
We really enjoyed our time here! Being so new, word hasn't spread about it yet, and it wasn't very crowded at all. Even though the resort has an adult only section and clubhouse, they are extremely accommodating and welcoming to children in the rest of the resort. The kids met some really nice friends that they enjoyed playing, swimming and riding bikes with. The resort is also very dog friendly!
Check out our video from Hilton Head National HERE.
There was definitely a need in the Hilton Head area for a new campground, as the only two near the island are currently motorcoach only. I'd highly expect this place to be booming in no time!
LAYOUT & DESIGN:
- Sites are all paved concrete, extra deep and extra wide
- Roads are wide, which makes maneuverability so much easier
- Sites are all angled appropriately to make backing in or pulling through simple
- Sites are spaced out nicely so you don't feel too close to your neighbors
- Landscaping is beautiful and well maintained (lots of amazing mature trees)
- Service pedestals at each site are excellent, best we've seen
- Gorgeous club house that feels like a luxury southern home
(There's an additional adult only clubhouse with pool in a separate section, too)
- Pool and lazy river
- Restaurant + bar right next to the pool (food + drinks were delicious)
- Playground, basketball courts, pickle ball courts, bocce ball
- Walking trail through the trees around and throughout the entire campground
- 1 acre beautifully green dog park AND dog wash station available
- Amazing laundry facilities
- Store with fun merchandise and camping/grocery necessities if needed
- PLUS EVEN MORE!
GOLF NEXT DOOR
Hilton Head National Golf Club is adjacent to this RV resort, so you can drive your golf cart, bike, or walk right over to the clubhouse. The course is beautiful, and the boys really enjoyed playing it. We popped over several times to the driving range and putting green as well. Bonus - you get a slight discount on green fees if you're staying at the RV resort.
This was ideally located for exploring the Hilton Head Island area. It was only about a 15 minutes drive to the beach or Sea Pines Preserve. Historic Bluffton is also close by, and Savannah is just 20-30 minutes away as well.
We drove into the Sea Pines Preserve on Hilton Head Island one afternoon to walk around Harbour Town. It was really neat to see the iconic red-and-white-striped lighthouse, and the massive trees in this part of the south are always so impressive. We snuck onto the edge of the 18th hole at Harbour Town Golf Links just right next door to the lighthouse. (I've heard that when you play the 18th, you're suppose to aim for the lighthouse from the tee box.) The PGA pros are headed here the week after the Masters to play the RBC Heritage, and fan seating was in the process of going up all around the green.